Under the definition of versatility in the dictionary, should be the name Kurt Howell.
Having a background that consists of 28 years of experience in recording and touring in Pop, Rock, Classical and Contemporary Country music. Kurt has the background that should appeal to all artists from all walks of life
Inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1991 as a member of Southern Pacific, Kurt learned the music business through a hands-on approach, honing his production skills from some of our industries greatest producers.
As a lead vocalist, his experience fuels his understanding of how to develop and record a great vocal performance.
As an engineer, he has worked with and learned from some of the best engineers in the world, and developed his own style of recording and mixing.
As a programmer, he has become well versed with all Synthesizers and Drum Machines samplers both hardware and software formats.
As a staff writer with 60 worldwide cuts and hits, Kurt was as a staff writer for of thirteen years at Warner Brothers Music (among other music publishing companies,) he understands the working of writing and publishing material in the 21st. century.
Trained in composition and arrangement in college, with his main instruments being keyboards, vocals and drums, Kurt’s depth of knowledge makes him the ideal production choice. Developing Artists is Kurt’s main passion, and one he is perfectly suited. Nowhere else will you find all of these talents under one name.
Kurt has over 82 internationally released recordings. Kurt owns a state of the art recording studio, and his company Kurt Howell Productions has several artists in current development.
· 1976-1980: ASU-CMU – Belmont University
· 1979-1981: Intern CBS Records A & R Nashville
· 1981-1994: Signed Publishing deal with Warner Brothers Music
· 1981-1985: Keyboards / Vocals Crystal Gayle, Waylon Jennings
· 1985-1989 Keyboards / Vocals E. Yazawa
· 1986: Gary Wright, Warner Brother Record
· 1986: Robbie Patton, Atlantic Records
· 1986-1990: Artist Southern Pacific, 3 # 1 – Country hits, 1 top 15 AC Hit
· 1987: Police Academy 4 Soundtrack “Shoot For The Top” co–wrote and performed
· 1990-1991: Solo Artist Warner / Reprise Records, 3 Top 15 AC Hits
· 1992: Co- Produced Laura Turner Curb Records
· 1993: Produced Bill Engvill ” Here’s Your Sign”
· 1994-1996: Signed Publishing deal with Emi Music
· 1995-1997: Artist Curb Records Burning’ Daylight
· 1998: Co-produced Kincaid, Warner Brothers Records
· 1999-2000: Developed Artist for Warner Brothers & Sony Music
· 2003: Relocated by to LA Area
· 2003: Ghost wrote and recorded 42 episodes “Brats” TV Series with Donny Markowitz
· 2004: Recorded / Pro Tools Engineer “Dream Girls” Movie Sound track with Merv Warren & Tony Shepperd
· 2004-05: BACKMASK promo, Laura Turner pre-productions Curb 2005 Record
· 2004: Produced Jenifer McLaren, BACKMASK,
· 2004: Joined Digidesign beta testing team.
· 2004: Joined Apple as a Digidesign Specialist- Business Consultant
· 2005: Joined Digidesign as a HD Product Specialist in LA Area
· 2006: Formed “West Drive Entertainment” with Ron Anderson
· 2007: Produced Danielle Tucker
· 2008: Produced Alex Davidson
· 2005: Digidesign transferred to Orlando, Fl as the South Eastern HD Product Specialist.
· 2008: Joined Marshall Graphics Systems in Franklin, Tn as the General Manager of Pro Audio
· 2009: Recorded Julia Santi CD , Signed Sierra Black
· 2010: Filmed EPK Julia Santi, developing Sierra Black
· 2011: Launch New web site: www.kurthowell.com
· 2011: Re launched Production Company: Kurt Howell Productions
· 2011: Recording Sierra Black March 2011- July 2012 see music
· 2012: Working with Streetlight Marathon pre production Aug.2012
· 2012: Formed juniorgolfinfo.com, A online guide to competitive junior golf
· 2013: Opened Vintage King Nashville, TN May, 2013
· 2013: started Kurt Howell Pro Audio Consultant, Sept. 2013
Currently, Kurt lives in Franklin Tn with his family: Hayley, Hunter, Howie and wife, Cindy.
Toured and or Recorded With:
Amy Grant, Crystal Gayle, Beach Boys, E. Yazawa, James Brown, Sammy David Jr. EmmyLou Harris Dann Huff, Dan Fogelberg, Johnny Cash, Huey Lewis and The News, Doobie Brothers, George Massenburg, London Philharmonic, Billy Sherrill, Nathan East, Jay Winding, Michael Omartian, Peter Cetera, Michael Landau, Dean Parks, Paul Leim, Tommy Funderburk, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams Jr., Oak Ridge Boys, John McFee, Steve Lukather, Neal Schon, Gary Wright, Robbie Patton, The Judds, Jimmie Hall of Wet Willie, Hey Horns, Memphis Horns, Tower of Power Horns, Nashville String Machine, Max Carl, Tony Shepperd, Stu Cook, David Jenkins…